Last Update: 01/10/2012
This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect personal information from you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address only if you provide it to us. If you are on a part of our website that asks you to provide your personal information, it will be clear what personal information we are requesting. You may choose to provide this information for the following reasons:
- Technical support: When you request technical support for your NEC products we may collect information that will allow us to identify your products or systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- Online surveys and polling: When you volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls we may obtain certain details from you. We use this information to improve our products and services.
- Promotional activities: When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and e-mail address to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails (if this is in accordance with your communication preferences), notify winners and make the winners' list publicly available in compliance with laws which may apply to such activities.
- Newsletters and promotional e-mails: As a service to our customers, we may e-mail to you newsletters, promotional information and other information in accordance with your communication preferences, using the personal information you provide to us online. We may also share your personal information with our third party partners so that they may contact you for these purposes too, but only where you have agreed we may do this
- Contact information: If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including any information in them. We use this information to enable us to respond to your message and to help us provide better service.
- Browsing: When you visit our site or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the site. This information is collected to help run our site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on our site, and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
Information that we gather automatically
Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and they are used for many things, such as remembering when you've visited a site before, your language preferences and items that you place in a shopping basket. Cookies contain information about the use of your computer, but they do not collect other information (such as your name and address, for example).
The information we collect using cookies also permits us to analyze traffic patterns on our site. This can enable us over time to provide users with a better experience on our site by improving the content and making it easier to use. There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by NEC to your computer.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on NEC's behalf. We use third party cookies for website analytics and advertising purposes.
This website serves only the following cookies to your computer:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Source||How to block|
|Cookies necessary for essential website purposes||These cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.||NECThese cookies are strictly necessary to the operation of the website and cannot be blocked (unless you have set your browser to reject cookies). However, they are automatically removed when you close your browser.|
|Analytics Cookies|| These cookies are set by NEC and Google Analytics are used to collect information about how visitors use our sites. We use this information to help run our site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on our site The cookies collect information anonymously about our website visitors, including the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website and the pages that they visited on our website.
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies.
As the means by which you can do this vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
When you visit our site or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the site these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
|As may be used from time to time||
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies.As the means by which you can do this vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
|User Preference Cookies||These cookies are used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on the website. If you blocked the cookies, even after you pressing the Accept button, the cookie message at the top of the web page will appear every time you load web pages within the domain.||NEC||You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies.|
How to control or delete cookies
You can block cookies by using the opt-out links provided in the table above, or changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that using a third party opt-out link to disable a cookie or category of cookie may not delete the cookie from your browser but simply disable it from future use. If you wish to delete the relevant cookie, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
How we use web beacons
We may also use web beacon technologies to better tailor the site to provide better customer service. A web beacon is a single pixel transparent image that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or access certain cookies. These web beacons may be placed on specific pages across this web site. When a visitor accesses these pages, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our vendors. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don't want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
Sharing your Personal Information
NEC does not sell or rent personal information about our website visitors. Under certain circumstances, we may share your personal information as described below.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to disclose your personal information to the applicable law enforcement authorities. We will disclose your personal information if required by law, upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation or if we otherwise believe disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement authorities any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
Links to other web sites
Parts of our site contain links to our subsidiaries and third-party web sites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you may leave NEC's web site. When you access these other sites, even ones that may contain the NEC mark, please understand that we do not control the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that web site.
Protecting your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
If you are under the age of 16, please make sure that you provide us with your Personal Information only after obtaining your parental consent.
How to access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you any direct marketing communications. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address listed below.
Please note that in some countries we may be permitted to charge a fee specified by law for providing you with copies of personal information we may hold about you.
NEC Europe Ltd.
1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL, England